current music: Beautiful Day - U2
My song for today is U2's "Beautiful Day." Today, of all days, when my second Sem's grades arrived.
It looked something like this:
Philo 102: C+
Directing 1: B+
FA 102: B+
FA 105: B+
FA 107: A
Semestral QPI: 3.5
Yearly QPI : 3.15
Mahal na mahal kita, Lord. Thank you. Basta Ikaw!
Thank you too, for all who greeted before today [tulad ni Jason], and all day today. :)
I can sour-grape all day about working my ass off in Yan's class, and only coming up with 91.6, but fine. I may be .4 short of an A, but I don't care. 3.4 ang QPI I ko! Happy!
Next sem, cutting spree na 'to. :)
--------
Our block had a cool talk with Stephen Uy. I've spoken to Stephen before on theater set design way back in 3PO. He also works for Tito Dom in Darna. I was half-tempted to ask him to say Hi to the family's "resident director", but I decided against it. Some things are better kept under wraps (as of yet).
I took notes. It felt strangely cool. I felt like I was learning something that can help me with my future. Of course, selling sponsorship packages to big companies isn't exactly what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. Learning about how money can be made was. And I liked it.
I like the odds of our Fine Arts Festival. I invite everyone to watch out for it. This coming January siya! And it's gonna rock! :)
--------
Got Joboy's text regarding TnT.
I worry. I want to make it, but I worry.
Do I still got it? Can I do it again?
More on that some other time. But exciting stuff na 'to. :)
--------
Chatted with Sir DM Reyes on the way to the jeepney. He told me that in comparison, my poetry would not stand up. I shouldn't compare myself with others. I should, instead, work on my own voice. Once I find it, I'd be a-okay.
I forgot to thank him for the B+. But I didn't want to bring it up. I'm never comfy about discussing grades with teachers who give me high marks. I argue with those who dump crap on me, but if they're high, I'm happy. No need to argue over a few points for the A when the main point of me doing OK was already made.
-------
Bought my kid brother Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne as a late birthday gift. He loved it. Yey.
But not before I tried it out first. Hehe.
-------
Dad and I had a talk about God.
I shouldn't be surprised by how much he knows. He's an authority of sorts on the subject.
But still. I felt somewhat... trascendent, speaking to him.
I'm wishing everyday were like that: less drama, more understanding.
Basta, today's swell.
No comments:
Post a Comment