current music: Lots of Disco Music from the 70's, because it's my brand-new picker-upper.
Sexual favors are not part of my vocabulary. Even if, in some respects and in many situations over the past weeks, they should be. hahahaha. Joke. Half-meant. Hmm. quiet ka na lang raph.
I've been listening to a lot of disco music, if only so I can fulfill my favor for Kimie to cook her a CD mixtape of 70's disco. I love the CD I made, I'm thinking of making one for myself .Hehehe. Or if not, I'll keep the playlist stashed away so I can use it whenever forever. I dunno, listening to "Heaven Must be Missing an Angel" (Tavares), or "Last Night a DJ Saved My Life" (In Deep) or "Staying Alive" (Bee Gees) or "And the Beat Goes On" (The Whispers) all just keeps me smiling. And it worked! I played the CD in the Everest on the way to school, and I was practically jumping up and down with so much positive energy!
Then the day happened. And I discovered I blew a lot (well, not a LOT) of my birthday money on books that weren't needed. :p And that Jomike's play has OFFICALLY begun to unnerve me. But fine, at least I'm not TOO ngarag to the point that I can't get myself smilng again. hehehe.
Ooh, speaking of disco, I had the most fun rehearsal for Penny Lane today! We decided to add a short "dance-off" in heaven, just so I know Chimoms will like it (because she likes dance-showdowns in movies) and just so we could get an excuse to choreograph a segment with the music "Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel". I'll have to squeeze that in to the block, but who cares, it'll be fun!
We were messing around in front of the dance studio mirror, and we discovered that Patch knew all the steps to the dance Cameron Diaz does in "Charlie's Angels"! Riot! Kulang na lang naka-panty lang si gaga, just like the movie. Up and down and all around the exhibit hall we were messing around with the music, that I think all the other people rehearsing then got distracted, and got jealous of us having so much fun! Minutes later, Jason and Cerz joined in on the fun, and we all tripped to it.
Then! I decided to rush down to the pubroom, and I re-claimed the CD I made for Kimie, and played it! And suddenly, the old VST & Co. song "Sumayaw Sumunod" became the theme for the practice! Kakatuwa! Patch was leading the choreo, and I was jumping up and down with glee watching Jason and Cerz do it. I told Ada to NOT follow the steps properly (because her character shouldn't), but she still did well, and I couldn't blame her. Ako lang yung sablay; I take forever to learn steps in a dance, even if I love dancing myself.
Ayan. 70's disco music is my new "pikcr-upper". I shall treat it with love.
As for "disco" in another sense, well... yeah. I needed one. And I'll need one again. And again. Because I'm feeling unusally overwhelmed by the monsters that have been rising and long kept showed away. Like Non-fic homework, like Philo readings and Theo readings, and my own goddamned thesis, let alone the other personal priorities I make for myself and for others.
Wala lang. 60% of what I do, I don't NEED to do, but I can't sleep if I didn't do them for somebody else. It's like how, in LnK, when we use up our summer vacations to tutor kids so these kids can get scholarships. We do it simply because they need us. At un lang yun.
But here? I don't FEEL needed. Even if you can argue about it that in a real way, I AM needed a whole lot.
Teka. Tapos na "Sumayaw Sumunod". Eto naman. "Disco Inferno" by the Trammps. Hehehehe.
I can hear my kid brother on the phone. He's talking about the time the family went to Tagaytay, and how he went swimming in Punta Fuego. Malamig daw, kasi New Year's noon. And I miss swimming, deep down. Although, I don't miss it THAT much. Because, well, I'm not comfy with the social stigma of swimming and being as overweight as I am. Even if swimming and exercise is exactly what I'd need.
And I don't get enough exercise anymore! If I didn't do the Jomike play, I probably would. Heck, I'm half-wisihing something, ANYTHING goes wrong with the play, so I get an excuse to beg myself off of doing it for him. But then again, I don't want to QUIT. Because I don't quit, and when I do, I know it's when it can't be done. And I don't want to leave Jomike helpless; he's already embattled enough as it is. And I can imagine what I'd feel if people were helping me on my own project, and walked out. Like, if the guy who playes Hitler quit on me and Jihan. I'd cry. Or worse.
Song's over. "The Hustle" naman, by Van McCoy and the Soul City Company! Sweeet! :D
I'm feeling a whole lot less down after the exhausting day I've had. Ah. I just need dinner now. And I'll probably get it, because they're calling me to the dining room. Ciao everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment