Sunday, July 02, 2006

current music: Straight, No Chaser - Miles Davis & John Coltrane

So yeah. I'm a very bad law student. Why?

Because in lieu of being miserably sad, studying and feeling sorry for myself, I actually had a lot of fun this weekend.

List form, as usual:
- slept Friday night at 2 AM, woke up Saturday at 10 AM. Yeah! Sleep!

- New bookshelf finally in place at the house! Went about hunting for the books we had at home, and tucking them away in their new homes. Really fun. I now have a shelf FINALLY themed according to topic and preferences! (like, how a whole row is full of poetry, or how another is where my all-time faves hide).

- Lunch with LnK'ers Rio, Migo, Mia, Jason Mationg, Meggie, VJ, Enzo, Kat, Miggy Delgado, Nigel.

- Tutored Rio in English poetry. I freaking missed teaching, let alone teaching POETRY, which I love. To somebody who actually understood me!

- Ia catches up with the LnK gang. Everybody goes ahead. Rio and I stay with Ia and I do a run of fortune-telling for her. For a good two hours. Amazing fun, and I learned quite an interesting load of stuff about everybody around me. I got a better glimpse of "the evil that roams free" (whom I am not priviledged to name, but you might know who), and Rio cheats the fortune-telling by use of multiple reads regarding one person. Hmph.

- Car ride to Ateneo High. Played soccer with everyobdy. I got to score my very first goal! It came when Paeng kicked the set piece to Debbi, whose shot was blocked. I merely scrapped the ball and flicked a right foot to inside the near post. Fun stuff. We won, but I forgot why. Golden goal, I think. Hehe.

- Seven-11 trip after. Had to park at Fruit Magic, after dropping off most of everybody at Seven-11. Bought myself a bottle of strawberry Soy Magic (and I missed that stuff, dammit).

- Arrived at Seven-11, bought a snack. Caught up with May! Ia arrives also. Introductions all around. Also decided to do my "shopping" for drinks. Rio taught me this wicked cool mango drink they had once, so I learned up, and bought the ingredients (that's 7-up, beer, gin and Tang). May also recommended Or-gy as well, so I snapped up a bottle of that too.

- Accompanied May to National Bookstore. Chance encounter with BJ, who is from TA, and friend of May's. We head to National to pick out a VCD of "The Crime of Padre Amaro", the movie May has been hunting for. After the purchase, the two stay behind in Cantina. I move further down to get into my car.

- Back to Seven-11. Encountered Muffy and her boyfriend. More coolness ensues. When Ia left, we all went our own ways too. I drove the Pagdanganan brothers and Rio back to their homes, as Patch's birthday bash was nearby (Visayas Ave area).

-
*Raph changing radio stations in car, using side-of-steering-wheel controls*
Migo: Paano mo nai-iba yung stations?
Raph: Uh... May button dito sa...
Migo and Paeng: ANG COOOOOL!!!
Migo: Shit Raph, I like your car.

Well, I like my car too. :D

- Driving to Patch's I got lost. And a cab cut me off, so one of the beer bottles broke. Crap. Decided right then and there I wouldn't catch up with the rest of Block 1-D to Twilight, the UP Law party at Phi Bar (like I had a ticket anyway, or money for it).

- Finally arrives at birthday party. Said hi to Tin B., to Nonon, to Patch's "Freonds" (barkada), and her classmates from FEU Nursing. Also said hellos to the "elders", namely her folks and her barkada's parents (well, those who came chaperoned). With many of her friends being Dayzers, it reminded me of a Round.

- Went to kitchen after eating. Started mixing.

- Went back to kitchen. Damned drink was a hit! Tin had to leave early; had to study. Boo! Interesting mental note: siya na ang presidente ng NPA (Naloko ng Pisay Association). Ouch! Must remember that line.

- Patch's parents start begging me for the recipie of the mango cocktail I mixed. Much to my surprise. I indulge them, as outside it started to look like Ladies' Night, with girls getting giddier with the drinks.

- I chill out in the later hours of the party watching Maria Sharapova play on TV over some coffee Mr. Joven made for me. Really nice too. Helped me stay awake for the car drive back home.

- Woke at 12 Noon, to a breakfast/lunch of pasta, glorious pasta. Also remembered that France (with Thierry Henry's goal) sent Brazil packing out of this year's World Cup. Hah! I knew it! It was always all about the French!

- Manny Pacquiao beats Oscar Larios into a bloody mess. Tsk. I orignally thought Pacquiao would learn and stop being so cocky before the fight. Turns out, yeah; he really has come into his own as a boxer. Really good. Just that he looked real tired come rounds 10, 11 and 12. But he still won with the decision going his way.

- I am officially addicted to House. Damn, that show is good! It's about a doctor named Gregory House, who is a real jerk. But he's a brilliant diagnostician. And it's not only darned funny (because, like I said, the protagonist is a real jerk), it's also very compelling shit. Hey, it's making my sister actually want to be a doctor at long last! It's gotta say something about how it makes medicine look cool. Also, I love how much head-tripping insight their writers pack the show with all the time. I essentially marathoned through the afternoon watching that show on the DVD my parents have (both season 1 and 2!). Hehe.

Now? I write this, with my Jazz playlist running. Miles Davis and Yoko Kanno and Nina Simone are love.

No comments: