Tuesday, January 01, 2008

current music: Solu Music - Fade (original mix)


Wishing! (a 2008 wish-list)


I still can't believe I'll be 24 within a week! w00t!
(heck, some days I still have trouble imagining myself aging beyond 20)

Like I said last post, I'd be putting up a wish-list. This should also cover stuff into next year. This is is primarily for my aunts and uncles overseas, but can apply for everyone! So first, the blacklist.

DO NOT GET ME:

1.) CD's of Music
Simple principle: I'm very picky. While I always say I'll listen to anything, don't assume I'll readily pop that CD of a hot new emo band in my car player or in my iPod. Sorry na lang. If I don't ask for it, I'll find it on my own.

2.) Any dumb movie/video game/book you think I'll like.
Same principle. Odds are, I already have copies of movies I openly like (ie: Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Love Actually). So save yourself the drama. Same goes for books (Watchmen, Trainspotting, Blade of the Immortal) and video games (Katamari, NBA Live, Final Fantasy). Give money to poor instead.

3.) Clothes
Duh. They won't fit. Trust me. Buy me clothes when you're out with me instead. This includes shoes and socks.

4.) Planners of any kind
I already got a cool one. So no dice.


So what do I want?

1.) Scarves!
One of my most favorite things to wear. If you needed to find me in a crowd, I'd wear a scarf. It's the least common article of clothing in the Philippines and it's one of the things I love using the most. I'll take any kind, it's sure to make my day. The longer the better!

2.) A decent soccer ball!
Because even if it's my favorite sport, I don't have a nice ball for it! Not since after the one I had back in college got punctured. So yeah. Please?

3.) Money!
Self-explanatory. Even better, donate the money to the AAA-Gawad Kalinga village! :D

4.) A DVD/VCD/Blue-Ray/VHS/etc of Interstella 5555!
Daft Punk and Leiji M's masterpiece. I already have my own downloaded copy but that'll be awesome to have it on original DVD.

5.) Something to remember you by.
An easy thing to get me, and you're limited only by your creativity. Did you see Chimoms's 1UP mushroom? Ganyan. The more creative, the better. One of my favorites was a boomerang that my friend brought back from Australia. Panalo!

6.) 160 GB iPod Classic/iPod Touch
It's not yet time for me to retire my 5th generation 30 GB, but I know I can do with an upgrade. You don't have to buy me a new one; if you let me know where I can "trade up" mine (swap plus cash for a 160 like they do with cellphones) I'll be cool.

7.) DVD's of TV Shows!
It's no secret: I DO NOT WATCH TV, not anymore since our TV set got busted and lost all its color. I only get to view things when I have video copies of them on DVD or whatever. (or kung super pumipilit akong manood ng Studio23 or whatever). So help me naman. :p

8.) House Music!
A burned CD of house means more to me than that grammy-nominated metal group they have on store shelves. Yes, I am encouraging this one because I'd love more people to go and listen to the CD's you will burn yourselves! Personal preferences lean toward goovy deep house and French house genres. :D

9.) Next-gen games machines!
Or is it "current gen"? I don't own any of the three big players out there (Xbox360, PS3, Nintendo Wii) and I'm at loathe to pick just one. So whoever makes it easier on me by getting me any of them will be a hero! :D

10.) Books of Poetry.
Be very careful with this one. I love poetry and relish and book I get, but if you will indeed buy me something, do NOT get from Ateneo's ORP bookstore or from National Bookstore Katipunan. :p I've cherry-picked those places. Best go for the books that go "Complete works" of poets! Sulit lagi.

Anyway, that'll be fine. There's more stuff, but they're a bit "pie-in-the-sky" for me. hehehe!

No comments: