Sunday, October 02, 2005

I realized one thing:

I don't give a fuck about what others say anymore. Bahala na ang pride.


This post is dedicated to you...

- For always making sure that I dress nice, eat healthy, stand with good posture, look clean, take my medicine, remember to tip waiters, refrain from cutting class and the like, and for worrying sometimes when I don't do so.

- For laughing at my jokes when nobody else seems to think them funny, and for giving them at least a smile when you don't really think them funny either.

- For trying to give me suggestions to make me look cooler to my siblings's eyes, a favor I still cannot find repayment for.

- For taking the pains to look good and smell nice when we do the lunch outs with our friends. (And mind you, I notice it even when I don't say anything.)

- For showing me the 'spectator sport' of people-watching.

- For your acts of thoughtfulness, like plastic wrapping a book I loaned you (in secret, no less).

- For being the pulse of our 'gimiks,' always with the funniest jokes, the wittiest wisecracks and the best ideas on what to do next.

- For the vial of your perfume, of which I love and use very very sparingly when I need a really sweet scent.

- For that afternoon in Megamall, at the drop of a hat, and the company for dinner after.

- For accompanying me to Makati, even when you weren't feeling so good.

- For shooting photos for my Theo group in Cubao, with your very cool camera.

- For trusting me with that camera, when you left it behind once, and I found it.

- For finding real, concrete answers to my problems, be they insomnia, or repairing book damage, or lack of funds when we eat out.

- For not being a total priss, and admitting to faults when applicable.

- For being so cute when I try to pay you compliments, or when you're "sabog".

- For always coming up with the most amazing ideas, insights and observations, which I find deep and profound.

- For being so nice to my family, especially when you don't have to. And for the concern you show for their well-being that hardly any other friend (not even some of my closest, oldest friends) seem to have for them.

- For joining us on our trip to Tagaytay, even if Jihan couldn't come along.

- For keeping my secrets.

- For trusting me with yours.

- For being so open with your thoughts that I treasure.

- For never saying "no" when I try to be nice to you out of the blue.

- For never taking advantage of my chivalry. Not once.

- For liking my cooking.

- For broadening my horizons with new music, new books, new movies to watch, and for being a sounding board about what you think about them.

- For trusting me with books, and stupendous books at that.

- For teaching me a thing or two about caring for my dogs, and enlivening a newfound love for them.

- For brightening up everyday, just with your 'infectuous spontaneity'.

- For being so patient with me, being a guy and all, and for thinking me as different from the many men out there.

- For being you, and for all the times I've spent with you.

Thank you for everything.

And I miss you dearly. These days aren't the same, I say.

No comments: