Monday, October 24, 2011

current music: Heartbeat - Tahiti 80


In my life I have fulfilled the following personal dreams:

1.) Become a Jesuit Volunteer of the Philippines
2.) Taught high school English for a year
3.) Got a job in a really, REALLY cool non-profit!
4.) Finished Metal Gear Solid 4 and God of War 3. Video game story lines FTW!
5.) Watched Up Dharma Down live. (Yes, dream fulfilled!)
6.) Watched Radioactive Sago Project live. (Not a HUGE fan, but I love their music nonetheless).
7.) Get published on an anthology of poetry, even just once (and it felt real nice).
8.) Watched Tahiti 80 live! (now I don't have to go to France to hear them play!)
9.) Done something absolutely reckless for a girl I liked. (and it ended well, as far as the act went)
10.) Fought with my parents over a girl I loved. (and it didn't end well, as all fights with parents go)
11.) Acted in a theatre production
12.) Directed a theatre production (even if it was for a school project)
13.) Visited different places in the Philippines, such as Cagayan de Oro, Davao, Iloilo, Cebu, Bohol, Dapitan and more!
14.) Cooked food for "my family", for a long, long stretch of time!
15.) Gone white-water rafting in Cagayan de Oro! (And it was AWESOME)
16.) Fulfilled somebody else's "I wish I could before I die" wishes.
17.) Got a job writing for a living.
18.) Got a job involving the Internete.
19.) Applied the "useless" lessons I picked up in my education in order to impress girls.
20.) Learned to make a bonfire, for cooking.
21.) Help a friend in the midst of a massive emotional breakdown.
22.) Help somebody in the midst of a massive medical emergency. (and it happened to me twice)
23.) Attend a TED event (in my case, TEDxManila 1!)
24.) Learn basic photography from a friend who is really good at it.
25.) Watch a traditional Talaandig dance. (watched a lot of them, actually)
26.) Watch a movie alone, and be okay with it.
27.) Travel alone, and be okay with it.
28.) Line up at 12 midnight to be the very, very first in line for Ateneo-La Salle basketball tickets.
29.) Experience playing "Rock Band" with a group of friends together.
30.) Discard a bad relationship from my life permanently.
31.) Learned how to let go of somebody who doesn't or won't love you the same way.
32.) Score a goal in football. (futsal and field)
33.) Hit a 3 in basketball to win a (pick-up) game
34.) Learned how to use an Apple computer (and learn to embrace it wholeheartedly)
35.) Get away with being way wasted drunk, and way wasted high.
36.) Became friends with a real-life local celebrity.
37.) Survive a vehicular accident.
38.) Drive from Manila to Tarlac, back and forth, in one day.
39.) Take a motorcycle up a mountain.
40.) Break a foot and come back still being able to play football.
41.) Make somebody's dark day a little brighter.
42.) Watch young children play football in Iloilo. (they're incredible)
43.) Coach basketball to young students
44.) Become an "official photographer" for a village.
45.) Publish a school newspaper
46.) Meet Neil Gaiman.
47.) Get Neil Gaiman to autograph Alan Moore's "Watchmen". (o, saan ka pa?)
48.) Take a girl I liked to ice cream. (pity she already had a guy! tsk!)
49.) Order drive thru in a fast food joint with a date, except on foot.
50.) Dance with the most beautiful girl in my prom.


I'm sleepy, so I'll cut this short. And besides, how many people do you know have fulfilled 50 dreams in their life?

But know what? I realize that only so many of these involve owning a lot of money. They mostly involved a willingness to take a chance.

I hope I have it in me to continue on my next great dream. :)

No comments: