Wednesday, April 28, 2004

I'm excited because: Tuturo uli ako ng catechism! Yey! Ca'te class d best. :)
current music: Nina - Foolish Heart

Today is a first in my LnK teaching career: one-page midterms! Yes, the fruits of my 'till midnight typing binge and missing the fun parts of A24's dear Mommy Tammy's "despidida"! One page! I jam-packed everything I've done in a single page.

That's sad. Either I've been unable to secure enough time to prepare tests, or I was such an evil sadist back in my early years. Gee. Maybe I've toned down. Either way, I'm sure this isn't too short. I'm always rattling the kids chains on being able to write, so now's their time to shine.

I love my co-tutors like family. I spend more time with them than my family nowadays. That being said, nakakahiya na maging kasama yung mga ibang co-tutors ko. I didn't tell you guys yesterday... for the past two weeks we're always the noisiest table in any establishment we go to. I wonder how KFC puts up with us. Hiyawan, sigawan, tugtugan sa gitara, laro ng baraha... ewan ko ba ba't ginagamit namin siyang parang beerhouse. Funky nga eh, pero wala lang mang hiya sa mga matatandang customer nasa katabing table. Pa-camera-camera pa sila sa isa't isa. As in they try to take candid shots of each other na 'isyu' para may pang-asar sila. Hindi lang man pinatay ang flash! And when I reminded them, they went "ayoko nga kasi di ko feel". So immature.

Worse, this candid camera thing spills over to teaching time. This to me is a bit too far. Di ba dapat simple lang tayo sa kids? Bakit pa natin winawagayway ang mga digital cameras natin? Nobody watches who enters the church. The last thing a StudCom head needs are reports/complaints someone (usually isang kid ito) entered the premises, rifled through bags and got the camera. Pasalamat sila nasa probinsya si Kikay.

Minsan nga, nandyan sa Jollibee kami. I was with Wowie, Angel and Issa in a separate table from the newbies as they yelled trying to 'hotseat' one another. I stood up to say hi to Ching, a friend from high school who was sitting alone. It was a nice enough chat, save for it being punctured with extremely loud laughter from - you guessed it - my "friends" and their usual rowdy selves among each other. You can tell it was getting out of control; patay na sila sa mundo. Everytime they yelled, lilingon ang buong Jollibee, at nababahala na ako kung kailan tatawagin yung manager. Ewan ko ba. Siguro sinasabi ko lang un kasi miss ko na si Ching, at kung kailan daw ako "nagmaka-warrior" eh sila rin naninira. :p

Eh si Ching un. Mabait si Ching. Kung nanay ko yon, baka nagalit. Sabihan ako "Raph, mga kaibigan mo yan??" O paano kung crush ko? Nyo? Di ba nakakahiya rin? Yeah, that's how it is.

I dunno. I'm sad because I feel I'm putting so much into this STP while I watch the others have fun at the expense of the organization's reputation. And at the expense of "air-time" with Ching. :p

No comments: