Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Today, I handed Waps and Javie my "remix" of my workshop poem. I asked them to crit it. Nakow.

Noong workshop, medyo "glossed over" siya kasi medyo vague yung subject matter. Ngayon na mas pinalinaw ko na siya by giving it some retouches, NAKOW! Kinatay na talaga siya! :p Di daw malinaw! And while the insight/meditation was good, marami pang butas! :p

Haay. I guess you don't really get it down on the first revision, huh?

The magic of a workshopping is that while it hurts to see the piece you stood up hours over get sent to the butcher, you have a certain tinge of excitement that spices you. It's like there's a sensation hard to make clear. To me, parang alam ko bigla kung ano talaga kailangan kong gawin. Clarity. And a sense of direction. Wonderful things.

For the most part, yeah. I think I can do this. :)

I think I can do this. :)

Meantime, I attended the formalist/new crit talk for English poetry. True to my "Fire-Breather" title, I went ahead and bang, bang, banged away with my close reading remarks. :D I'm afraid I might even have intimidated one or two English staffers. :p Sana naman hindi. Di nga ako member ng Heights, 'tas ganito bigla. :p

But I learned a lot. I think it's when we got down to apply the criticism's mechanics in practice towards the poem, I got a good sense of what makes the poem truly sing. It's amazing, how Gamalinda layered the insight. Shet shet shet.

Husay mhen. So the challenge is on me, if I can do this too.

Or better. :)

No comments: