Tuesday, June 22, 2004

current music: I'm Still in Love - Sean Paul feat. Sasha

Bwiset naman 'tong LaunchCast. It plays one song. Then on the next song, it'll lag/hang. If it doesn't totally screw up, it's bound to crack come the next six tracks or so (or like right now!). Anyway.

Yesterday finally dawned to me: I'm gonna write. Write write write.

And not just wishy-washy blogging type writing. I'm talking the kind of work that makes people stop, look around and observe the color of the ceiling before continuing to read. The kind wherein you'll realize your shirt's making your back itch or your underwear's a tad too loose. The sort that doesn't need to play like the little pins of a music box against a brass spool, but can sound like the sharp kick of a guitar.

Ewan.

I was talking to Jilly yesterday. Medyo hinusga namin ang aking pagiging manunulat, at nadiskubre ko na andami ko pang kailangang matutunan. I don't expect to be like EJ, who writes and writes and reads and reads. I don't feel the intense need to be published (yet). I just wanna be good. For if I'm not trying to be good, what the heck am I doing?

I borrowed her book, The American Poetry Anthology. Some of the works are sorta familiar, but not familiar to most of you. It's a good place to begin. I'm never fond of reading poetry, (and some close friends know this irony) but now, I have to like it.

I never liked forcing myself to like something. Anyway.

I'm making my mind to really take Sir Yuzon's class seriously. He admitted he's "a soft touch for grades" so it's not gonna be about making an A. It'll be about making a great poem.

And if I can write a good poem, it's a good start for everything else.

Pero sana hindi ako katulad ni Dan Brown. Medyo disappointing ng ending. :p

Hehe. It's almost like four years ago... yes, a cycle is about to begin anew... ΓΌ

cross-posted at: http://www.livejournal.com/users/heaven_spawn/

No comments: